Connect and relate for Autism Inc presents: Developing a Strong Behaviour Support Plan
From Baltimore USA – Masterclass with Dr. Sarah Wayland, PHD
This masterclass aims to move away from traditional behavioural approaches to writing a behaviour support plan and guide professionals, educators and parents to understand how the relationship and guiding makes the difference to effective support. Dr. Sarah Wayland holds a PHD in cognitive psychology, is a certified RDI consultant and a parent to two wonderfully exceptional children.
Sarah speaks from the heart and provides strategies that stem from her lived experiences and her wealth of professional knowledge in developing behaviour support plans within schools, homes and adult services. Sarah’s application of behaviour support aims to transform the way a behaviour support plan is developed and delivered to improve the quality of care for all individuals who need exceptional support.
- Understand the core challenges of autism and other disabilities, and how they are misinterpreted by people who do not have a disability.
- Develop person-centred interventions to address the underlying causes of behaviours.
- Learn the importance of teaching the missing skills in a developmentally sequenced progression.
- Learn guiding strategies to connect and guide individuals with a disability that safeguards dignity, increases quality of life and decreases the use of restrictive practices.
- Learn how relationships make the difference to support
- Learn how to complete a simple functional behaviour assessment that gives you real answers.
- Learn to understand the unique profile of the individual that you support.
- Create individualised strategies that meet the individuals needs.
- Develop real and effective tools to assist an individual when they are dysregulated.
- Master the rumble rage cycle and know when and how to respond
For Bookings: https://www.trybooking.com/BDCCE